The aged care home is now very common in Australia. Whatever opinion people have about Wollongong aged care home but they are truly doing great services for elderly people. The significant population of elderly people are left alone in their later ages. There are many reasons for that like;
Their partners have died and their children are living abroad
- Some children prefer to live separate from their parents, that make their parents become alone in their later ages especially after the death of their partner
- With aging, health decline and sometimes due to serious health problem, their family can’t take care of them at home.
The facilities that offered by aged care homes are;
The aged care home offers accommodation. The individual rooms are provided to people, most of the time but the shared room can also be provided if opted. The housekeeping is done by aged care home staff. They maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the room and provides all the necessary amenities. The rooms have essential standardised furniture unless customised furniture is necessary for the occupant, due to their special condition. The residents are allowed to keep their personal belongings like photos or souvenirs in the room. The staff of aged care home will ensure that their resident will have all the comfort, so they can feel it like a home.
Living in an aged care home, you can get all the services that you can get in a hotel.
- You will get the meal as per schedule time. The meal will be according to your health condition and or doctor prescription. Not only meals, you can get tea in the afternoon or evening, also on request.
- They will ensure your hygiene by cleaning your clothes. The laundry services will also be provided
- All the cleaning of your room and ensuring the waste disposal, so that you should feel comfortable in a clean environment.
This can be said as the prime reason, that people prefer to come to the aged care home. Due to their age factor, many people feel difficulty in performing their daily tasks. Even going to the bathroom on their own becomes difficult for some. The staff at personal care have all the equipment to provide such support and even in-person help is also provided. They allow people to function normally and ensure they live an active life. The staff helps them in regular walks session or therapy. The staff help people to perform exercises so that they able to get their strength back.
With age, the health condition worsens. The constant medical help is also required in some cases. The aged care home has professional medical workers and equipment, they can provide emergency medical support, when required.